Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Savior




Life. It’s such a complicated thing. Sometimes choices are clear and simple... like should I buy Oreo Caksters or not. Other times they are much more complex...where should I go to school? What should I do with my future? Lately, my life seems to be chalk full of the latter. Sometimes I wish that life were just spelled out for me... "Go to this school Cassidy. You should apply to this job. Cass, marry this person. Live right here." Lo and behold, that is not how the Lord works. He makes us work and fight for the answer. Sometimes those trials yield tremendous blessings, and in retrospect we are eternally grateful. If there is something that I do not question in the slightest, it is my testimony of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. He is my big brother and best friend. And heaven knows I need a best friend right now! My blog posts usually consist of all my dramatic thoughts coming forth, or my thoughts on a particular subject. Today, I want to merely bear my soul and express love for the Lord.

Thank heavens for modern day revelation. Right?! The Lord loves and hears our every petition and prayer. This knowledge I am eternally grateful for. There are times when I have been faced with difficult questions or concerns. Each time Jesus intently listens and responds by speaking peace to me. He has revealed so many amazing things to me. I love my relationship with him. I am so happy that I can divulge my inner most thoughts with absolutely NO judgment. I am grateful for his spirit being ever present in my life. He speaks to me daily about small things. Regardless of my immaturies or how often I ignore his promptings, he continues to care and aid me day to day.

He weeps with me; he rejoices with me, he's even twitter patted alongside me! No one understands me better. His love is so deep and omnipotent, that I could not to anything to make him stop loving me! What a remarkable concept. I do a LOT of stupid things. I have made a lot of people hate me. Yet, he is one that will never even so much as look down upon me. He forgives me of my shortcomings and helps me to improve.

Christ loves me so much that he gave his life for me. He suffered the most unthinkable pain and sorrow on my behalf. I cannot even begin to grasp the concept. The atonement is the most incredible event that has ever taken place. It brings tears to my eyes. The sacrifice that was made so that my sins could be forgiven was made by my big brother. I often think about the hardships that he faced in the last 24 hours of his life. Those far outreach anything that I could ever begin to imagine throughout my entire life.

 I know that he is watching me. I know that he loves me. I know that I am one among billions, yet he still knows my name. I still talk to him each day. He still blesses me exceedingly. He is my ROCK. I love him with all of my soul. I need him now, and he is here for me. Even as I lay in my bed here in Provo, Utah, he answers my prayers. He gives me best friends to call and check up on me. He gives me the scriptures with glorious tales of truth and righteousness. He gives me everything. Without him I am nothing. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment